RedDoor54 is a specialist UAE-based event and sports brand activation agency, with offices in Dubai and London. We work with some of the world’s biggest sports, brands, and partners to create dynamic and innovative sporting experiential activations and events across the region and worldwide.
Reddoor54 is looking for an ambitious, accomplished and highly experienced Studio Manager to lead our Dubai-based team of talented 3D designers and visualisers. This is a unique opportunity to play a key part in how we shape the development of our future experiential design offering. Taking briefs from Reddoor54’s senior project delivery team you will be responsible for managing the studio’s output of 3D models, visualisations and 2D CAD layouts for large scale brand activations, major sporting events & innovative experiential designs.
You will be expected to take ownership of the scheduling, resource planning, workflow management and quality control of all studio activity. At the outset you will line-manage 3 full time designers and freelancers, and we expect the team to rapidly grow over the next few months.
We are looking for an individual with 3-4 years studio management experience. You will also have 3-4 years working as a designer with experience of 3D software 3ds Max and SketchUp, as well as 2D AutoCAD, Adobe CC applications, and the usual Office 365. Experience with creative management software such as Monday.com is desirable but not essential. You should have a degree in 3D graphics or a similar design discipline, or have equivalent work experience.
The successful candidate must be well organized, have strong teamwork aptitude and leadership skills, able to work across numerous projects that run concurrently, with an obsessive eye for detail and excellent English language written and oral communication skills. Most of all though, we expect you to be passionate about design, delighting our clients with exceptional delivery, and investing in the next generation of design professionals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the senior project delivery team to ensure all work is accurately allocated and delivered on time
- Implement and manage new working practices to include management software, process design, documentation and reporting
- Allocate projects to designers, schedule workloads and oversee delivery
- Work closely with the senior project delivery team to maintain a forward look of expected workload to ensure both short- and medium-term resource needs are met
- Be the primary point of contact between the client and the designer
- Be the first point of escalation for any design related issues
- Ensure the appropriate 3D design technical infrastructure is in place to ensure maximum efficiency without stifling innovation and creativity
- Line management and oversight of x3 3D/CAD designers based in the UAE (with potential to expand the team in time), and to utilise a pool of freelance graphic design & artworker support based in the UK
- Developing the design team members and nurturing talent from junior to senior
- Preparedness to take on 3D/2D excess or unexpected design work as and when required to support the designers
- Ensure correct application of all client brand guidelines and design systems
- Maintain asset library of logos, guidelines, imagery, videos etc.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- 30 Calendar Days (Inc. Public Holidays as per UAE Law)
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% (3% Company & 5% Individual)
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)